Friday, December 11, 2009

I Am Slowly Getting Ready for the Holidays

I have not had much time to craft, knit, sew or just do about anything. My hubby has been on vacation for 2 weeks. I did get a few things done but still do not have my tree up yet. My hubby did finish my conversion on my motorcycle. It is now a trike and I love it.

Here are some things I have made the last two weeks.

First I decorated a wreath. I was at Michaels and most of the Christmas decorations including the wreath were 1/2 off. Love that. It is simple I just about had a breakdown on making the bow. I watched videos and read instructions. Finally I just had a look at a bow that was already done. Seems to look ok now.



Here are my candles. I used my silver tray I purchased at the thrift store and tied snowman ribbon and clipped on the cute little birds from my Michael trip at $3.99 for the birds I just loved them. I got this idea from one of my Christmas Remembered Cross Stitch books.



Here are two little trees I made. I got the idea from Tales From An OC Cottage. She had made the cutest little trees and put them in teacups. I could not find teacups but I did find some white mugs that were on clearance. I used lace from my Mom's stash. Since none of my sisters sew I inherited all my Mom's sewing stuff. I still have one more tree to do. This one in pink for my bedroom.





I am going to try to finish my decorating this weekend. I am also looking for a white tree. I might make a little tree with San Diego Charger theme for my husband. I am sure he would love it. I will have more pictures when I get more Christmas things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment