Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After Thanksgiving

I can't believe I finally did the Black Friday Sales. Years before I always worked. So being layed off I decided to venture out. I woke up about 5:10 and decided too early for me. I was finally out the door a little after 7:00. My first stop Joann Fabrics. Wow what a line around the cutting table. People were buying tons of fabric. I went for the dress form. I should look at my sale paper better. The sale for the dress form is tomorrow. I did buy one of the Joann Quilt Kits I had been admiring with my coupons. So I left happy.

Next stop WalMart. I bought nothing. I was hoping for a tv to use for my workout area but no luck. Next stop Ross which had no one there since they did not have a sale going on. They did open at 8:00. I found a sweater and some gift items for my boys.

Since I was in the area I thought I would try Best Buy. They had a TV but I was not sure of the brand so left without. Did stop at Border Bookstore. Again not busy which was nice for me. Probably not them. Last stop Petco then home. No one at Petco either. Guess that is not a big gift item place. Did get the dog food and some new treats for the dogs to try.

It was an ok day but I don't think I will do it again. Once was enough. I was home by 10:15.

My sweater did not get done by my deadline. Close but not done. I could not have worn the sweater anyway it was about 77 degrees. I have the button band left to do then I will be done. I am going to try to finish as soon as possible so I can start something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment