Friday, February 26, 2010

Thrift Store Refashion

I have been sewing and knitting. I just finished my first refashion of a blouse that was way too big for me. I loved the fabic and felt I could take the blouse and make it into something that would fit. I looked at patterns in my stash and used a basic blouse pattern to cut out the front and back. I then made different sleeves. The original blouse was a size 26 and now it is between a 12 and 14. I also have another blouse I bought at the same thrift store that I am going to redo.

Here is the before:


After:

2 comments:

  1. Well done! It looks crisp and new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It looks so much more youthful with the cap sleeves. You should post this in the sewing community at Kollabora. We're always looking for refashion inspiration.

    ReplyDelete