Thursday, July 11, 2013

I won fabric from Diary of a Sewing Fanatic. Thank you so much Carolyn. I have been away from the blog that I started many years ago. Why?well I finished my college degree and school was more than full time most of the time. Then I started my work study program at the VA, went to school and took a sewing class at community college. Well then I finally received my diploma in May found a full time job in March and since then have been working and sewing and knitting and working. Oh I did mention working. Any way the job is wonderful and I am now getting time to start sewing again. I just finished a quilt top and was thinking of starting sewing some work clothes. I have shopped for some but none are really what I want. They are either too expensive or not well made. The sewing class was Apparel Construction which really helped my rusty skills and I learned about invisible zippers, finishing seams different ways and blind hems. I will never hem the same way again. So I guess I should get back to putting my creations on my blog. I liked looking back and seeing that I can be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment